Orbea Alma 29 H70 2013 Black/Red
29ers have dominated elite cross country racing for many years now and for good reason, they are just plain faster. Not only do they roll more efficiently, the improved stability and traction offered by the bigger wheels allows riders to expend less of their energy keeping the bike pointed in the right direction so that energy can be used to propel the bike forward. Orbea was one of the first brands to offer a competitive 29er frame with their highly decorated Alma 29.
For their H70 version of the bike Orbea builds on the World Championship and Olympic Gold Medal winning geometry of its carbon fiber Alma to build a budget friendly aluminum version. That World Cup proven geometry results in a bike that is quick, responsive and carves singletrack with the precision of a sushi knife. There is no need to be a racer to appreciate the ride of the Alma. Engineered in the Basque country of Spain the Alma is made to not only handle the smooth trails of a World Cup XC course but is also made to handle the rugged terrain of Orbea's homeland.
Shimano hydraulic disc brakes and a Suntour XCR fork with remote lockout ensure that the Alma H70 goes down the trail just as well as it goes up it. The Shimano drivetrain provides all the gears you need no matter which way the trail points. Whether you want to give racing a try or are just looking for a high quality hardtail trail bike, the Orbea Alma H70 is a great place to start.
- Frame: Aluminum alloy with internal 1 1/8" headset
- Fork: Suntour XCR Remote 100mm travel w/remote lockout
- Crankset: Shimano M371 22/32/44 triple
- Handlebar: Orbea OC-II flat 670mm
- Stem: Orbea OC-II
- Shifters: Shimano Acera M395
- Brakes: Shimano BR-M395 hydraulic discs
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera M395 SGS
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Alivio 34.9mm
- Chain: Shimano HG53
- Wheels: Orbea 29 Disc
- Cassette: Shimano HG62 11-33 9s
- Tires: Geax AKA 29x2.2"
- Seatpost: Orbea OC-II
- Saddle: Selle Italia Q-BIK
Specifications may differ slightly from above. Call to confirm.
Order with Confidence
Before any bike leaves the Art's Cyclery warehouse, experienced mechanics fine-tune the shifting and braking, and double-check that all hardware is correctly tightened down to ensure optimal performance. Our packing professionals remove only the parts that can be easily reinstalled at home and expertly wrap and secure the frame and components to prevent movement during shipping. Bicycle assembly instructions are included in each box and an instructional video is available in our Learning Center.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy 29er frame
- Suntour XCR Remote fork with 100mm travel & remote lockout
- Shimano 27 speed drivetrain and shifting
- Shimano BR-M395 hydraulic discs
- Geax AKA 29x2.2 tires
- Selle Italia Q-BIK saddle
No customer reviews have been added yet! Be the first to write something about this product.