Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a smooth, efficient and customized experience. Under some circumstances we may require additional financial information. We use your financial information, including credit card information to verify your name, address and other information to bill you for use of our services. The information we maintain in your customer file is used to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems. Art's Cyclery does not acknowledge the "Do Not Track" setting in browsers or any other mechanisms that allow the user to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personally Identifiable Information(PII). We also do not allow the collection or sale of Personally Identifiable Information(PII) to third parties or online services.
Our online ordering system uses industry standard SSL security encryption. Your information is transmitted using an encryption algorithm that only we can decode. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Notification of Infringement
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content hosted on the Art's Cyclery, Inc. dba Art's Cyclery website (www.artscyclery.com) infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Art's Cyclery to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Art's Cyclery to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Art's Cyclery's designated Copyright Agent designated to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
181 Suburban Road
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to Art's Cyclery customer service through email@example.com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in San Francisco, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Art's Cyclery may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Art's Cyclery's sole discretion.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.