Speedplay X/2 Stainless Steel Pedal
This product is not currently available. Contact us for more information.
- Speedplay products are available for in store purchase only.
- Actual weight 198 grams/pair
- Easy dual-sided entry
- Half the weight of most other clipless systems
- Non-centering free float minimizes the potential for knee strain
- Built-in grease port for easy bearing lubrication
- Compatible with virtually all 3- hole and 4-hole shoe mountings
Speedplay products are available for in store purchase only.
Speedplay's X Series pedals revolutionized the way people thought of clipless road pedals, and their unmatched innovative features continue to make them a top choice, including the Speedplay X/2 Stainless Steel pedal.
The X's unrestricted float is easy on the knees, allowing your legs to naturally find the angle that is most comfortable. Upon first use, many riders feel like they are "walking on ice." This sensation fades in a few rides and most riders say they couldn't imagine riding any other pedal. Speedplay's X pedals ease of use doesn't end with float, however. These are one of the only dual-sided road pedals available. Dual-sided means no looking down to flip your pedal over. Just step down and you're in.
The benefits of the Speedplay's X's ultra-low-profile design are many. First, these pedals are unmatched for cornering clearance. Also, the low- profile pedal body keeps your foot closer to the spindle, increasing power transfer and balance. Last, a slimmer pedal means less pedal, and thus less weight.