Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO 29 2014
- XC "Cross Country (XC)" bikes are designed primarily for cross country racing. XC bikes are very light, and often hardtails, while full suspension XC bikes have less than 4" of travel. XC bikes are designed to respond quickly and are optimized for climbing, thus limiting their ability on steep or technical trails.
- Trail "Trail" bikes are designed for longer rides, up to multiple days, over slightly more challenging terrain. Wheel travel ranges from 4-5" (100-140mm), and have handling characteristics slightly more forgiving than XC bikes. With less of an emphasis on weight, Trail Bikes are typically built to handle rougher terrain than dedicated XC bikes both climbing and descending.
- AM "Enduro/All-Mountain (AM)" bikes bridge the gap between XC and FR/DH bikes. Built for challenging terrain, AM bikes usually have 5 to 7 inches of wheel travel, often adjustable. They are designed to be able to climb reasonably well and descend excellently, thus have quite forgiving geometry. All-mountain bikes can handle anything from all-day rides with steep climbs and steep descents, to moderate chairlift/shuttle riding.
"Freeride (FR)" bikes are designed for obstacle clearance and absorbing repeated large impacts from jumping. FR bikes tend to have at least 7 inches (180 mm) of wheel travel. FR components and frames are built for strength, and thus tend to be heavier. They can be ridden uphill, but their geometry makes them difficult to maneuver while traveling at low speeds. Most FR bikes are optimized for tricks and extreme terrain, while they are often pressed into service as downhill bikes.
"Downhill (DH)" bikes typically have eight or more inches (200 mm) of suspension travel, long wheelbases, low centers of gravity, and very forgiving geometry. Cornering traction and control at high speeds are the hallmarks of DH bikes, and thus DH bikes are typically ridden on dedicated trails or racecourses. Most DH bikes have specialized gearing making them extremely inefficient for uphill pedaling.
This product is not available for order online. Contact us for more information.
- Light, stiff, strong M5 alloy frame, 12 x 142mm axle, 135mm travel
- PF30 Bottom Bracket
- Foc Float CTD shock with Autosag
- Rock Shox Revelation RC3 fork 15mm axle, 140mm travel
- Roval 29 rims
- Sram two-by-ten drivetrain
- Command Post BlackLite three-position seatpost
Specialized products are available for in-store purchase only.
Calmly rolling up and over everything in it's path, and always ready to put the power to the ground is the Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO 29 2014. With 5.3" (135mm) of travel and 29" wheels, the Stumpy EVO 29 is well-suited to singletrack, rocky steeps, and anything in between. Flick it, rail it, bash it, it's ready for all that and more.
- FRAME M5 hydroformed tubing, EVO geometry, tapered headtube, PF30 BB, ISCG ’05, Command Post BlackLite routing, 142mm dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 135mm travel
- REAR SHOCK Custom FOX Float CTD Evolution w/ AUTOSAG, Climb, Trail, Descend settings and reb adj., 195x46mm
- FORK Custom RockShox Revelation 29 RC3, damper, tapered alloy steerer, 3-position compression and reb adj., 15mm thru-axle, 140mm travel
- HEADSET 1-1/8 and 1-1/2" threadless, Campy style upper with 1-1/2" lower, cartridge bearings
- STEM Specialized Trail, 6061 alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- HANDLEBARS Specialized XC Mini-Riser, 6000 butted alloy, 750mm wide, 10mm rise, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 31.8mmGRIPSSpecialized Sip Grip, light lock-on, half-waffle aramid-infused, S/M: regular, Others: XL thickness
- FRONT BRAKE Formula C1, alloy caliper, metallic pad, S/M: 180mm, L/XL: 200mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE Formula C1, alloy caliper, metallic pad, S/M: 160mm, L/XL: 180mm rotor
- BRAKE LEVERS Formula C1, hydraulic disc, tooled reach adj.
- FRONT DERAILLEUR SRAM X7, 10-speed, S3 direct mount for DMD, bottom pull
- REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM X9 Type 2, 10-speed, mid cage
- SHIFT LEVERS SRAM X7, 10-speed, aluminum trigger, zero loss
- CASSETTE SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed, 11-36
- CHAIN SRAM PC 1031, 10-speed, PowerLink
- CRANKSET Custom SRAM S-1250, 7050 alloy arms, 10-speed AM double, PF30 spindle, S: 170mm, Others: 175mm
- CHAINRINGS 33/22, w/ alloy guard
- BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM PF30, OS press-in bearings, sealed cartridge
- RIMS Roval 29, alloy disc, 24mm internal width, 32h
- FRONT HUB Specialized Hi Lo disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR HUB Specialized Hi Lo disc, 4x-sealed cartridge bearings, 12mm thru-axle, 142mm spacing, 32h
- SPOKES DT Industry Stainless, 3X front/rear 2.0mm
- FRONT TIRE Specialized Butcher Control, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3", foldable aramid bead, dual-compound, 60 TPI
- REAR TIRE Specialized Purgatory Control, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3", foldable aramid bead, dual-compound, 60 TPI
- SADDLE Body Geometry Henge Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST Specialized Command Post BlackLite, 3-position, adjustable height w/ air spring, remote operated, single bolt head, 30.9mm, S: 100mm, Others: 125mm travel
- SEAT BINDER Command Post, 7050 hard anodized alloy, single bolt, 34.9mm
What Our Customers Say
No customer reviews have been added yet!