Specialized S3 Helmet
- Weighs 255 grams (medium, no visor)
- 28 vents with deep channels for unmatched airflow
- Kevlar reinforced Inner Matrix provides strength without excess weight
- Mega Mouthport for maximum air intake where it;'s most effective
- Mindset microdial adjustment is easy to use and precise
- Extended range of vertical positioning adjustment
255 grams, 28 vents, Mindset adjustment dial; must be the Specialized S-Works Prevai, right? Nope, it's the Specialized S3 Helmet, giving up only 25 grams to the almost-hundred-dollars-more-expensive Prevail.
The S3 is a great-looking helmet; aggressive yet low-profile. Scoring off the charts on comfort, the S3's perfectly-placed padding and shape combine to alleviate pressure on your head and provide a bit of cushiness as well. Many of the same features found on the Prevail are also present on the S3, like the Drylite webbing, kevlar reinforcement, and of course, 4th Dimension Cooling for an air conditioner-like effect.