BMC Race Machine RM01 Red-Force 2012
Many of us dream of owning a pro-level bike. These are generally pleasant dreams, involving us dropping the competition up Mont Ventoux. Suddenly the dream turns to a nightmare when we realize the $8000 - $12,000 cost of owning such a bicycle. BMC understands, and presents the Race Machine RM01.
Sharing the best features of the Team Machine, the Race Machine hits the same stiffness and comfort levels, but cuts the cost. The Race Machine is lightweight, stiff, and comfortable thanks to the iSC carbon layup, TCC in the fork legs and seat stays, and RM01 seatpost. iSC stands for Integrated Skeleton Concept. With iSC, BMC focuses stiffness at the headtube and bottom bracket, making the Race Machine extremely quick in a sprint. All that stiffness doesn't usually translate to a smooth, comfortable ride though, so BMC implements TCC technology, or Tuned Compliance Concept, to make the Road Machine comfortable for all day events. By using only woven carbon in the lower half of the fork legs, parts of the seat stays and the back of the RM01 seatpost, BMC effectively eliminates road buzz from the rider experience. The low placement of the seatstay junction on the seattube allows more vertical compliance than would be possible if the junction was inline with the top tube, creating even more comfort for the rider without sacrificing the frame's quick acceleration.
The end result is a frame that is lighter than many top-end Italian race frames, at a more manageable price, with comfort and stiffness to spare. Add the lightweight Easton components and proven Sram Red drivetrain and your dreams are now a very possible reality. All you have to do is hope your riding partners aren't on the same bike!
- Complete bike as pictured: 15lbs 2oz - 6.8Kg (50cm)
- Frame: Full iSC carbon Road Machine with TCC
- Fork: Race Machine RM01 carbon with TCC and Tapered 1-1/8" - 1-1/4" carbon steerer
- Headset: FSA Orbit
- Crankset: Sram Red BB86 Standard
- Cassette: Sram PG 1070
- Front Derailleur: Sram Red
- Rear Derailleur: Sram Red
- Shift/Brake Levers: Sram Red
- Chain: KMC X-10L
- Brakes: TRP R870 with Swissstop pads
- Bar: Easton EC90 SLX3
- Stem: Easton EA70
- Post: BMC RM01 15mm offset
- Saddle: Fizik Antares
- Wheels: Easton EA90 SL
- Tires: Continental Ultra Race
- BMC's race bike for the self sponsored cyclist
- Same stiffness and ride quality as Team Machine SLR01
- Full iSC carbon frame, fork, and seatpost
- Smooth ride thanks to TCC
- Sram Red drivetrain and lightweight Easton components
No customer reviews have been added yet! Be the first to write something about this product.