3T Ergonova LTD Carbon Handlebar OE
This product is not currently available. Contact us for more information.
- Actual weight 185 grams (42)
- 31.8 clamp diameter
- 123 mm drop
- 77 mm reach
- 6 degree outward flair from the hoods to the drops
- Wide top section for all day comfort
- Variable thickness carbon dramatically reduces weight
- Short and shallow
- Made in China
- Not compatible with clip on aero bars
- Sizing Note: These bars are approximately 16mm smaller in the hoods than at the drops so you may want to consider sizing up. (i.e. a size 44 bar, though the measurement is accurate from center to center at the drops, is actually about a size 42.5 at the hoods)
When setting out to create the ultimate road bar, 3T's engineers did their homework, and they created a masterpiece. The Ergonova LTD isn't the first flat top road bar, it is, however, possibly the lightest, stiffest and most comfortable. Variable Thickness Carbon Construction, a process similar to butting steel or aluminum tubes, allows 3T engineers to add or subtract material where it makes the most sense.
Variable thickness carbon construction explains the 185-gram weight for a 42 cm bar, but having a light bar only gets you so far. The Ergonova LTD has an eggshell-shaped top cross section that is extremely comfortable for long days in the saddle. 3T also refined the bend to the drops, making the bar fit much better with most shift lever hoods. The modified ergonomic drop bend has no kinks in it making it comfortable at almost any position.
On the underside of the airfoil top, 3T's engineers added a broad channel to allow routing for two cables. Like the swage line in an auto's body work, this has the added benefit of imparting greater stiffness to the entire structure and allows 3T to eliminate any added reinforcement usually associated with flat top bars.
All this engineering paid off in the end; the Ergonova is arguably 3T's best selling road bar and is preferred by many of 3T's sponsored pros as well. 3T intended to create the ultimate road bar, and in designing the Ergonova LTD, they did just that.
Sizing Note: These bars are approximately 16mm smaller in the hoods than at the drops so you may want to consider sizing up. (i.e. a size 44 bar, though the measurement is accurate from center to center at the drops, is actually about a size 42.5 at the hoods)